Welcome. I feel for you, I have 2 gifted kids (3 and 5) in Montessori right now and I know where you are coming from.

First of all the pushy comment. I got it a lot at the beginning even though they themselves told me he was gifted within a few days. It went as far as "He is learning only to please you." Yeah right. I mentioned that if I could get every child as far as DS5 is then perhaps I could open my own school and be quite popular wink The truth is I can't, it's not me, it's him. I think that did the trick. The test scores definitely ended this attitude.

I posted about our Montessori experience in this post (scroll down a little bit)
*** Link no longer working ***

Montessori can be awful linear. It's an A, then B, then C, .... They do teach every single child individually, but they are way too rigid. Like I said it's not a problem for my older one, but it's a problem for my younger one.

I must say though that Montessori worked much better than public K would for DS5. He is doing long division and calculating area there. LA is a different story, I seriously doubt they know what reading level my kids are.

I don't know what the best thing to do would be in your case. I would probably spell it out and say that you will keep your daughter there only if they advance her to K. I would also contact the psychologist and had her/him write a letter that it's in DD's best interest to start K now. Do you also do achievement testing? That could make a big difference. The school (both Montessori and public) may understand it better than IQ scores.

Could you do half day K? That's what DS5 does now. He doesn't want to go f/t and it's one of the reasons why we will most likely homeschool him next year.