To sweetiepie

Hi, I just noticed your post and it caught my attention because I have bilateral posterior (parieto-occipital) PVL and CP as well. I am a 26 year old female and I hang out on this board because I am obsessed with testing and such (not because of giftedness). Like most people with PVL, I was born prematurely after a complicated pregnancy due to threat of miscarriage. So to give you an insight about cognitive functioning in people with PVL, I'd like to say that people with PVL have a very uneven cognitive profile since some cerebral regions (usually frontal) are intact and others (more posterior)are damaged. Verbal abilities: Vocabulary, Similarites, Comprehension and Information are often superior or very superior while more integrative and complex tasks like Block Design and Coding are often totally impaired. Pattern completion as in Matrix Reasoning is often good as well. Usually, in school people with PVL excel in some subjects and tasks and struggle and dislike others. However, the long term prognosis as far as adult functioning is often not very optimistic because the impaired functions prevent one from being able to perform most decent jobs (which I am finding is my case). I'd like to post a link to an excellent article which describes in depth the cognitive deficits in people with PVL. Here's the link:

http://www.livingwithcerebralpalsy.com/pdfs/cpuk.pdf

P.S. I've sent you a private message but I don't think you've noticed it.