I have long suspected dysgraphia to be an issue with my DD11 (6th grade) -- poor handwriting, horrible spelling despite a very high reading level, complaining of arm pain when she writes. She also shows some signs of anxiety under timed situations and some sensory avoidance issues (hates shoes that actually fit, hates anything tight around her waist, has to turn socks inside out, etc.) Additionally, her processing speed, while average, is 26 points below her VCI on the WISC-IV.

The clencher came yesterday when she brought home a grade in typing (a.k.a. "Keyboarding") that kept her off of Principal's Honor Roll. While she makes 100s on almost every typing test and is accurate, the majority of the class grade comes from a lesson series that will not let you save your work if you don't fully complete the lesson in the alloted class time.

I am at the point of seeking an OT evaluation and asking for 504 accomodations. I know to ask about dysgraphia. Are there other diagnoses I should be looking for?

Thanks for your input.