An interesting thing happened last night. I was at a school thing with DS6 and was talking to another woman. She had heard from someone that DS6 was taking math in a 4th grade class. She said to me "you must be so proud of him." and it caught me off guard. I paused and said "yes, I am." This may be odd but I have never considered the fact that my son is a PG child something to be proud of. While I am quite amazed and impressed by all the things he does and knows, I wouldn't say that I am proud of him being a PG child. It is not like he really worked to be the way he is, and it's not like I did anything to make him that way, he just is who he is. That being said, there are so many things that I am proud of...like when he really works at something and gets it, like when he doesn't give up on something when it is challenging even when he can't seem to get it, like when he is caring to others and shows compassion, like when he plays with his little sister and tries to teach her things...I could go on and on. He is truly and amazing boy, but I have never thought of being proud of him because of his intelligence. I have had a similar feeling when people talk about how happy I should feel because of how smart DS is. I hope that doesn't come accross wrong, but just something I was thinking about.

Last edited by shellymos; 12/02/10 08:42 AM.