I was wondering about the age thing too... My DS6 is in 2nd grade, but that is because he skipped K. He is already on the younger side for 1st grade as well. In addition to the skip he is subject accelerated +2 into a 4th grade math class in a different building. He also does some their morning work with them which is multiple subjects. I have to say that the 4th grade room is quite accepting and caring. They really seem to like DS and kind of treat him like a younger brother. Although he hasn't said it yet, in some ways I think he is more comfortable in the 4th grade classroom. I am not sure about next year as he will most likely be skipping up to 6th grade math from my guess. He isn't really challenged in the 4th grade class too much, but it is more interesting and he is learning a little bit here and there. Plus they do enrichment with him and he has other stuff to fill in when the rest of class is doing all the repetition. You have to have a classroom teacher that is accepting and willing to try it. Thankfully we have a great 2nd grade and a great 4th grade teacher that really feel that he is part of their class (in fact he will be in the year book twice as part of 2 classes which will be very confusing to some people I am sure). Also, both principals and all of the staff there we have talked to so far are really on board as well. I will be anxious to see if this continues as we progress into the middle school level probably next year.

I too personally wouldn't want to do more that +2 full grade skips, but that is just me...sometimes at the rate things are going I wonder how it will be possible not to. I am thankful that DS is a taller kid too, but it still doesn't matter too much since he is subject accelerated as well. Most people forget about the full grade skip entirely and just think he is just subject accelerated. Anyhow, there is lots to think about and oh so many variables. Good luck!