the school day would be so much shorter. Due to an injury, DS10 has been unable to write and type as he normally would. So during this time, we've been going over things orally or I do the writing as he dictates - and I'm amazed at what a difference it makes. DS would rather complain for an hour about having to write the answers for 20 math problems rather than just doing it and being done in 10 minutes, and the same goes for typing. As a side note, I'm also a bit perplexed at how quick and accurate his verbal answers are - he seems to make more mistakes when he has to write anything.

I just don't get it. What is it about the physical act of writing that is so awful? He's had an OT evaluation and everything's fine. He can write (neatly when he wants to) and doesn't complain about his hands hurting or anything. It's almost like he thinks it just takes too much time - he'd rather just tell you what the answer is. When asked, he says that he hates writing, but doesn't (can't?) elaborate - he just hates it.

So, is there a career in which DS will never have to write???