Great advice. I feel like printing it out and taping it to my palm. These kinds of meetings can be very stressful, and I respond to stress by talking fast and getting my Irish up. It has proven not all that effective in other contexts I assure you smirk

How likely is it that these results will cause the teacher to take a whole new look at things? Are results like this unusual enough that it will shock them into resetting their mindsets. As I've said, we are new to the school, so they don't really know ds or us so maybe the will reasses their assumptions. Here's hoping. Thank you very much for responding.

PS--I do think that perhaps the the teacher's reaction in the first meeting had to do with her feeling caught out a little. From what I know of her, she really prides herself on her reputation as a fantastic though hard-nosed teacher. Who can really expect a teacher to assess a kid on a parents (perhaps inflates) description on dear junior's abilities and a few weeks of school? Anyway, here goes....

Last edited by suzie; 11/07/10 02:12 PM.