Quuuuiiite.

I forget which version of the SB it was she was using, though - if it was something with (then) outdated norms, the Flynn effect would account for some of it.

I'd actually also be interested to hear from someone qualified to give IQ tests what they think of the snippets of her testing children that appear in the Channel 4 "Child Genius" programs. At this distance I forget the details, but there were at least one or two occasions when she gushed that a child's answer (e.g. to a vocabulary definition question) was perfect when it seemed far from perfect to (admittedly utterly amateur) me - e.g., IIRR, she asked for similarities and differences between X and Y and the child gave only similarities. I did just wonder whether she might be systematically over-scoring the children she tested - which would also go some way to explaining these results (particularly if her own biases also influenced *which* children she over-scored most). One would hope this couldn't happen, and I'm certainly not asserting that it did; but it does seem clear that there's at least a bit of room for interpretation in which one relies on the tester's skill and lack of bias (indeed, were it not so, maybe one wouldn't need to be a qualified tester to administer the tests).

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail