DS7 has a host of visual Issues that I'm trying to make sense of.

First off, he has poor eye tracking and binocular vision. All these are occular motor related and can be helped by physical eye exercises (they have).

What's confounding is his visual perception. He apparently has poor visual sequential memory and visual closure. On the other categories of visual discrimination, he's very nearly at the borderline. All this prompted his therapist to comment that he has the makings of a dyslexic.

But he's not! Reading is well ahead, so is comprehension and math. Spelling is great - he tells me he takes a picture of the word and reads out the spelling, backwards or forwards. Lately, hes even willing to write short stories that are hillarious, but more significantly, show logical sequential follow through. He's able to take a 3-d object, break it down to net form, refold it or rotate to any side. What surprised me yesterday though, was that when he was asked to copy a picture (of circles connected with lines, for fine motor skill practice), he did it exactly in reverse. He couldn't see the difference for awhile too.

My question is, is this a visual perception issue or is he just very visual spatial?

Anyone in similar shoes?