We were in your same shoes a few yrs. back. At the time, I tried working with the teacher, who agreed more was needed but her idea of WHAT was needed was different than mine. Like you child, there was so much DC was getting out of the class besides the academics that I let it go for that year and continued to "after-school" where needed. The following yr. DC couldn't take it any more and we finally pushed for accel. and it was granted this past yr. and we are having a wonderful transition, though DC still claims it's easy (imagine how easy it would have been without the accel. though! TORTURE!) BUT, again, there are plenty of other things right now that take the load of the "easy" and are making this yr. worthwhile. That's not to say that at some point more accel. won't be needed, or maybe even subject at that point but I am pretty sure you'll hit a wall soon and know when you need to push the issue! If your child is content, you are still good. That's not to say it wouldn't be successful if you went with it now though. Just saying, you're right, the issue of being content won't last forever. DC will hit a wall and you'll have to be ready to move on it! I would still talk to the teacher and try and get something done within the class though so the wall isn't hit sooner.