Okay, EandC, I'll see if I can put this into words. I once drew a graphic representation of how I think a linear thinking process works with arrows. I then drew a connect the dots type of graph to show how I think. That's very much oversimplifying it, however, that's why a drew the picture in the first place, hard to explain.
My biggest difficulty is efficiently and effectively getting what's in my head out of my mouth, per say. I never seem to explain what I'm thinking as well as I'm thinking it, I guess.
I was also in investments, Ren, and I think the thinking you describes served me well there. I was only in retail, though. I traded stocks and my clients loved me. I always seemed to know when to get in, when to get out and people always wanted to know my strategy, or "secret". But I just did it, like the article describes, like walking or breathing. I really could never tell people how. They thought I was just being a jerk and some people truly hated me.
The downside for me is I seemed to never know what the teacher was wanting and failed a lot of tests pre-college, especially multiple choice.
Umm, let's see what else. I remember doing great on a senior college course in political philosophy. We had to write a paper tying Plato's Allegory of the Cave to the modern day media, which is seemingly unrelated. After I read the allegory, it just popped and I nailed the paper, no one else got above a C. Everyone wanted to know how I figured it out, but I didn't figure anything out, it was just clear to me.
However, I have been known to just struggle with some very mundane things that seem simple to most people.

Maybe I'll think of something else later.

Incog
Oh, p.s. I do know my IQ score from high school and I am not HG or PG according to that number.