They are driven by a need for understanding and meaning, and they acquire knowledge for those ends, not merely for the possession of facts.

I find this statement very interesting as I always want to know things and want to understand the hidden or underlying meaning behind things. I think others find this somewhat strange about me. blush

Their study, work, and thinking cross disciplinary lines, drawing inspiration from fields that may seem disparate and unrelated.

I have very unrelated degrees in computer science/math and history/secondary education and find both areas very interesting. In fact I've always been interesting in just about everything! LOL!!

Incog (and anyone else who identifies) - I'd love to hear some examples of how you feel this pertains to how you think. I feel like I fit some of the things but I am not sure. And I'm definitely not HG or PG! I'm not sure what my IQ was as a kid (my mom wouldn't tell me) but I'm sure it was only MG.

Wren thanks for posting this. It is very interesting and has given me something to think about. (now I will be driven to find understanding and meaning from all this!) grin