We have an advocacy without burnout plan for this year. The biggest problems we had last year were accountability and gossip because most of the communication was happening orally while I was waiting outside the classroom to pick up dd from school.

- Dad will go to all conferences and school meetings. He is also going to back to school night.

- I am not going into the actual building more that once a week. But will continue to volunteer in the library and school store on that day.

- We want all communication between us and the school to be addressed to both of us.

- After meetings, we will send back thank yous with outlines of what we agreed on.

- DD will ride the bus twice a week to help out with the commute.

- The school has agreed to Iowa Acceleration Scale. I'm sure that they have never used it before and are convinced that it is a test for dd to take. But we are going to hold the school to the fact that they said she would be evaluated with it in January. We have a pretty good idea how she'll score. We'd like her to skip 4th at the end of this year. 5th is the last grade in the elementary portion of her school. We'd rather have her skip 4th and have one more year in elementary than bump her up at the beginning of middle school. I don't know if the school will go for this but I'd like them to at least acknowledge that she would be an excellent candidate for acceleration. Otherwise, they are going to need to have a really amazing plan for dd set up for the next year, before we make an more financial commitments to the school.

I know there are things at the school that sets me off. And I also know my daughter loves going there. So, I'm really trying to step back, involve my husband and get everything in writing.

I'd love to hear what other people are doing to keep their sanity!

Warning: sleep deprived