Ginger,
I have a 2e child and a gifted/mildy 2e child (supposedly ADHD, but has been handling himself amazingly well). I spent a year where I couldn't think. I would go to the school all the time, I'd advocate, I'd fight, and then I'd get home in pieces. I felt very alone, partly because I didn't know anyone that had gone through the same thing. And, of course, I worked. I can honestly say that was the hardest year of my life.
Sometimes, all you can do is grit your teeth. We are all here to listen to you, and as you learn the processes with the school and you get them to work with you, I think that pressure will ease up somewhat; however, if you can't seem to work with the school and it exhausts you all the time to deal with them, you might want to see if you can find a gifted or special needs advocate. They really help take the pressure off and they teach you how to communicate in a way that makes the school less defensive.

I'm not sure if this helps. I just wanted you to know you are not alone. And now, I tend to help other people in the school going through the same thing.