I have bipolar disorder & am a "gifted adult" so I suppose I am 2e. I never thought of myself as different or unusual until recently. I have become so frustrated because I feel that I can't live up to my potential. The past few years have been so much more difficult, even more so than when my husband was deployed to the Middle East. I don't have anyone to talk to which is unusual for me, because I have always had at least one good friend no matter where I lived. I feel like I am unable to connect with anyone on a genuine level & I cannot figure out why. This is the first time I have ever questioned my "giftedness" as a reason for social problems.

Two of my kids are in the gifted program in their schools & I am advocating for the third, as she may be 2e (gifted & dyslexic). Maybe I am so immersed in dealing with them that I put people off who are anti-gifted? And I just don't have the energy left over to defend/explain/care enough because of being bipolar. My energy is spent helping with homework, (convincing my son his summer vacation was not as depressing as the acrostic poem he is writing, explaining benchmark fractions to daughter #2 on the 2nd day of school), reminding my 13 yo to clean the kitchen (again) and making sure they are ready for school the next day.

I should do way more around the house & I really should be working as well, just because of the economy. I have been debating with myself substitute teaching, but I'm afraid I will become completely overwhelmed. That, or I may be able to use my gifts & individuality. (I'm just so concerned about the kids!)

Help! crazy

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. Walt Disney