Yes, it's called Dabrowski's theory of gifted "over-excitabilities". (there's five types). The theory's been around since the 60's. �But the Internet is really letting this be only the second generation of fully informed parents. �There's even a book that's frequently recommended called "the misdiagnosis and dual diagnosis of gifted children" that focuses on bipolar, add, and ADHD.

Yes the scales on the tests are different. �Roughly speaking, the tests a few decades ago you could score over 200, now days a score of 170 is about equivalent. �And besides that there's different types of tests that quantify different cognitive strengths, one for non-verbal reasoning. �One ... Well shoot, I don't know, really. �But there's tons of threads here explaining it if you want to learn about tests and how the scores correlate. ��

One thing you might find from browsing a gifted parents forum is a better insight into your own childhood. �You will see several parents who believe the same things your parents and teachers did along with people who believe other stuff. �While you might completely disagree with those beliefs, at least you can see why you were raised the way you were. �What unknown dilemmas your parents �were weighing in their mind. �And then you won't take their decisions so personally. �At least that's one way browsing the gifted parenting forums has helped me. �What you might not find is people wanting to be your therapist as you sift through the new insights. �Well, maybe. �It's a trip, man. �I'm telling you. �

One thing we do here for fun is try to imagine designs for the ultimate in gifted children's education. �I love the thinking big forum at the top.�

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar