I understand were you are coming from on medication. My daughter who I suspect has ADHD actually dislikes taking medications for things that that in fear that she "might not actually have the disease", in which case it would be just like taking drugs. So she would probably never take the meds anyway. I was just curious if that could be an "explanation" for her behavior, but I wasn't really looking to get any real treatment. I say this because I'm not sure if this thread was directed at the thread I started a few days ago about whether or not my daughter could be ADHD, because it has the same title, minus the "not quite" part.
If this is not being directed at me, I still have to wonder if the "everyone in that IQ range has ADD" quote is true or not. I mean, I don't know if the "IQ range" you speak of it 145+ or 180+, but I've witnessed a few kids that have a 170 IQ (well, they maxed out the test, so it could be higher) and they didn't really display ADD characteristics. I mean, I think it gets to a point where you could say that *every* human has ADD, or at least falls somewhere along an "ADHD spectrum." Within people with ADHD Diagnoses, there is certainly a huge difference between the extreme ADHD kids and the ones who are just "a little fidgety and inattentive." The difference between that and a very focused person is about the same size, I'd say, and then we get to the borderline ADHD people... I think it's better saying that everyone is somewhere on the spectrum. (I apologize if that made no sense)
Anyway, I'll add more later maybe.