Hello, everyone! I'm sorry for not being on in a long time, with vacation and whatnot...anyway, I'm going to show you what kind of enviroment you should put your young gifted kid into (this can work for your work enviroment!) based on said Overexcitability. I will cover every type, too, so pay attention! This will be useful.

Psychomotor: People with this over-excitability require active stimulation to let out their energy, so intergrate a lot of hands-on activities with the lessons. Try to keep up with their advanced physical, as well as mental, growth, as they can be hyper. Don't tell their parents stuff like, "Oh, get this kid on some Ritalin!", because they need room to expel their energies, and often do something physical when bored.

Sensual: First off, be sure not to over-stimulate them, as they have heightened awareness to things like lighting, noise, smell, touch, and anything else that goes in the classroom they're in. Try to take them to places like art galleries, symphonies, and anywhere else that positively stimulates their senses.

Intellectual: Give them room for challenge. Allow them to research things of their advanced interests (a tidbit of advice for all parents of every type of gifted children), and give them room to argue. Allow them to debate with students and even the teachers (if it is a friendly, deep, or harmless debate), and give them a wide variety of intellectual horizons.

Imaginational (Me!): Don't discredit their imaginations as "illogical". Many a time, inventions may seem "illogical" at first, but end up being useful in the long run. Allow them to imagine freely, and allow them time to dream up scenarios, or whatever stimulates their active imaginations. Don't hate their unconventional behavior just because it's not the cookie-cutter way of doing things (my fifth grade teacher made THAT mistake) and don't call them stupid just because they have strange, awesome ideas (she also made that mistake with me).

Emotional (Also me!): Treat them kindly and sensitively, and appeal to their interests in helping others. Provide them ways to encourage philanthropy, and if their ready, gear them towards websites such as Idealist so they can find non-profit ways to help them. Don't deliberately try to hurt their feelings (again, my teacher made that mistake), as they are perceptive on the teacher's possible hatred of them. Don't make judgements and prejudices against others wilst in their company (heck, don't do it to anyone ); they (as do I) will hate that.

Oh, and three more tips for every gifted child:

1. Give them a lot to read (if they are avid readers like I am),

2. Give them challenge,

and 3. Don't underestimate them!

See you!

Violet