I thought I would throw in my two cents...

At different points in my adult life I (or my doctors) thought I had some sort of depressive or behavioral disorder. I came across an article about ADD in 2000 & thought I had found the answer because it fit me so well. I talked to my psych & she agreed to have me tested. I'm not sure what test was given but it was a lot like IQ tests I have taken. The dr basically said I couldn't have ADD because I had too much "acquired knowledge." Interesting, I thought. crazy

I continued to read & research to find out what was wrong with me. I sort of diagnosed myself with bipolar 2 disorder 7 years ago (the doctors agreed wink ). I found out that it's not unusual to go through several misdiagnoses for several years (15 in my case) when you are bipolar. I am not by any means suggesting anyone here has BP, just showing that "symptoms" can fit more than one thing. And sometimes people just have quirks; I know I rarely sit still. Probably it's because my mind is always ahead of me or I am trying to not interrupt someone else.

Btw, I scored moderate ADD on the questionnaire. crazy

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. Walt Disney