P.S. To make my post even longer; of course "Spanish" depends on where you're from. �When I first arrived here I couldn't tell the difference between a Texican and a Mexican if they were both speaking Spanish, but now I can. �(sometimes it's obvious by the clothes if it was a flashy dresser from either side). �I can't put my finger on the difference, but I can hear the difference now. �And obviously an El Salvodorian or a Puerto Rican would sound even different. �But to make Mexican Spanish fluently you will want to say things less perfectly. Like instead of "agua" the word is really "awah". �And like in the example above if you blend the sounds smoothly inside of a word saying it softly and don't quite connect the tongue to the ridge in the roof of your mouth even though your tongue goes almost there, you move on to the next sound right before you finish making the perfect "D" you will make a more fluent sounding word. �Sometimes Spanish sounds very harsh, almost like Russian or something. �This is usually to emphasize what you're saying but a few people talk like that all the time. �Like perro is more like pedo but with the soft unformed d mentioned above. �(I know, pedos is "farts", but there's a slight difference in the sound and the context of the conversation will help the sound come out right.) �Unless you want an emphasis on "dog" in what you're trying to say, then it would use the the thick rolled R they teach you with in Spanish class.�
Like I said, just go practice on a waiter. �They don't mind if you sound like a Gringo and they'll help you become more fluent.�

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar