I am hs-ing my DS5. He is at almost 2nd gade level in LA/reading and math...without doing much. He also has expressive language disorder, and is behind about 1.5 yrs NT speech-wise. He is progressing fairly well with his SLP.

Here is my question now that you have a little background...

I went to a homeschool expo this weekend and was thinking about Rosetta Stone. My DS has been asking me what the Spanish words for things are a lot. I took Spanish in grade and high school, and exempted in college; so I have some retension in my old age (ha). DS's speech therapist thinks that teaching him to speak Spanish will confuse his English grammar that isn't there all the way yet. I didn't mention RS; and I don't think she has ever seen how it works; and I beleieve that she thinks that I mean having him take a class. I was wondering what your thoughts are? I was considering Rosetta Stone, and not a class because he loves being on the computer. Isn't Rosetta Stone more memorization for conversation than the actual nitty gritty of understanding the grammar? Also, does it have basic object identification as well - he would like that? I did a demo at the expo; but it wasn't in depth. Anyone using it? Feel free to knock me down on this.:) I was thinking that it may help with some articulation if he has to speak into a mic as well. Thank you!