My dd11 skipped 5th although she probably should have skipped 4th since that year wasn't a year in which she did much other than help other students. That aside, she was already one of the youngest in her grade b/c her bd fell just before the cut-off for starting K here. She is, therefore, btwn 1-2.5 yrs younger than her current grade peers.

We've had two years of schooling since the skip (6th and 7th). She did get straight As and A+s both year and tested in the 99th percentile on reading immediately post skip and advanced on all of her CSAPs (NCLB test in CO) the year following the skip. We haven't gotten her CSAP scores for this past year yet. These are the only achievement tests she's taken for which I've been given scores since the skip other than the SAT this past year. While her reading and writing scores on the SAT were in the top 10% for JHU's talent search region (so I think that they were fairly good), they didn't make the cut in our region -- oh well.

Long story short, I do think that she is still near the top of her grade post skip. She is still in accelerated/GT classes. I am disinclined toward skipping her again and don't honestly feel that it is necessary at this point, however. She intends to change districts the year after next to attend a more challenging high school and to take AP classes where available. We'll see where it continues to go and may change course if needed. However, at this point she won't be turning 16 until her senior year so I don't foresee wanting her to be any younger than that.

My dd is not a DYS/PG child, though, so yours may need more acceleration than my dd has depending on LOG, personality, age within grade already, etc.