I'm so glad this thread continued after a pause.

I'm confounded by DS7. He tests PG but is inconsistent with his achievement scores (administered by school), and is at least a touch ADD. He's already gone for 2 different sets of vision therapy at an opthotist and a behavioural optometrist over the last 2 years and was pronounced normal earlier this year. But his handwriting OT (who has a background in vision therapy) just told me that his visual perception is poor, he has slow phonics decoding, and poor word memory - classic sypmtoms of dyslexia. He's also confused when there are both sound and visual cues at the same time. I'm stunned because he reads nearly all the time and is at least at the high school level, with all the science magazines he loves to pore over. His spelling is terrific too - he often gets me to google for more info and would just pull out the word from his brain and read it off the air. Even his handwriting is looking good after 3 mths of fine motor skill OT (in addition to his 2 yrs worth of OT for gross motor skills and sensory issues). Until I read Kai's post, I was hesitant to believe what I had been told. crazy

Reading off The Mislabeled Child, his profile fits neatly for the other symptoms however. I haven't received the full report and recommendation yet, but this thread has been extremely informative. Earlier, we had decided to homeschool him in the next academic year seeing that he's just wilting in school (for us, it's the end of the calendar year). Now I realize it's because of his difficulty in understanding by listening and looking at the same time, perhaps because the background is more busy. Any suggestions, opinions would be most appreciated.

TIA!!