Well, I am thinking that if we develop a list like that, it might be useful to others, not just myself:-)
Tonight we have a meeting (open house at our MS) with a HS that is probably an alternative to an IB program Ghost and we are thinking about. As he progresses through school I am learning more and more what questions to ask, but I generally come up with them when it is too late to ask the question. Ever been there :-)
I have already learned that I have to ask very specific questions as opposed to the general ones like "how do you accomodate your advanced students". Some that I was late to ask are:
- getting HS credit for courses completed in MS - is there anything we have to be doing now?
- can a freshman be admitted straight into an AP class
- are there any prerequisites before taking an AP class (most schools, but not all, will require a general/introductory course in the subject before allowing an AP course)

Can you think of others? I am asking specifically those of you who have kids in HS now and went through the moment "Why didn't I ask for that? Why didn't they tell me?"

The school we are meeting today is an early college HS, goes 10-12 and they have kids taking courses at the local U.
Ania