I agree with everyone else, it depends on your child and the district. Our little local rural district was awesome in their attempts to help my DS get what he needed. For him it didn't work but it was due to his emotional age and his intensity level. The program that they designed for him would have worked well for many of the kids on this board.

After homeschooling for a year, we have found a new school that I hope will give him what he needs. Once again we have found an administration that is jumping through hoops.

If you look at the education ratings for our state you will find that based on state testing we are tied for 46th (which means we are also tied for 49th)so it's not a place that would wave any flags toward someone looking to educate a PG child. But I have found everyone to be overwhelming in their efforts and support of my son.

Dottie, Kriston and several others gave me a piece of advice that I took to heart and it made my life much less stressful. That is not to look past tomorrow, because if you look too far forward you really will drive yourself crazy!

Shari
Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!