HAHAHA! Ok, not laughing at the situation you are in, but laughing because I have one of these too! I can tell you, that mine is now 8 1/2 and we are getting better at "taming" it. She still argues like the best lawyer ever and thinks she has valid reason to justify to comments and HATES to be wrong, but... she has calmed down. She may still do it at times, then a second later catches herself and says "I'm sorry! I didn't meant to say that" without any prompting. She too, tries to not STOMP up the stairs and to not slam the door but the urge is still there, and occasionally still does but she has really gotten much better. I can say to stick with what you are doing. You aren't doing anything wrong, you just have a very headstrong, intense child but with proper direction, like you are doing to point out what is acceptable and not acceptable, it will get better as he gets older. In fact, I was on the phone with the cable company this morning and my two had a yelling match! I got off the phone after both were sent to their rooms and my DD comes down with an apology letter for her "bad behavior and the poor choices she made." SHEESH! I wanna say "Hindsights always 20/20!" Like I said, these outbursts are farther and fewer in between and MUCH more short lived then when she was your DC's age so hang in there wink

I have to say, my child is an angel at school though. They would think I was making it up if I told them what she did at home! At least she knows boundaries, but I wished she didn't do it at all. It does get better though.