Just wanted to update that my GAI is also a 136 so I suppose that would identify me as gifted, right?

So I would assume that your full-scale IQ is certainly not indicative of your actual intellectual abilities. I go to a private school so I'm not too familiar with specific gifted program criteria, but my question for you is if you qualify for gifted programs. Does admission depend only on fullscale IQ score?

My problem with the verbal test was that I had trouble on the word comparisons, if you omitted that score, I could have had a verbal IQ of 160 or something ridiculous like that. I wish my scatter was a bit more consistent to one area so I could at least identify as very gifted in one area and not in another. Instead, the visual/memory scores are a component of each of the subscores which makes it seem like I'm not in need of many gifted accomodations at all when in reality, I hit the ceiling on at least 5 tests (scores of 19). This whole twice-exceptional thing is really confusing for me and I imagine really confusing for administrators who run gifted programs as well.

May I say that that SAT score is pretty impressive without extra time considering your huge discrepencies. My SAT score without extra time was 700 CR and 720 M (which is a little odd considering that my verbal IQ score was pretty high). My psychologist suggested 50% extra time now for every test and I am wondering if that will have any real impact for the next time I take the SAT.

Last edited by hbrinn; 06/12/10 06:38 AM.