And there again comes my question of saving money. How does it save money when all the kids that start a year later will graduate one year later. I assume that means that some states don't have high expectations of their children graduating by then? (<--note sarcasm, slightly).

I still think it does not make the state any more competitive in the long run. In fact, I personally think it does the exact opposite.

DS6 missed ONE question on the math portion of his 1st grade achievement test this year (DS6 was grade skipped from K in the beginning of the year). And what section did he get that one wrong? Numbers and counting. Yet he got all the questions right in geometry, analytical thinking, etc... I'm not certain, but I'm fairly certain his one error was not because he did not know the answer. So had he taken the K test this year, would he really have done as great? Probably not because the test would be totally boring to him, and he'd rush right through it. I think this can be said about all children, not just gifted ones.

Sorry for the ramble - I am not frustrated with anyone, other than those who created the cutoff... of course, now I don't have to fight it for DS6 anymore, but it doesn't make me any less against that darn date!!! smile smile