Originally Posted by LICAL3
LISG was a thought, but my daughter will be entering 5th grade in Sept. and the psychologist was concerned that the kids are about 2 yrs. ahead there, so she would have to catch-up. She seems to do very well with challenges, but I am afraid if it seems like "too much" it may have a negative effect. AND its $15k/yr!

Too bad the school won't send her out of district - but perhaps to approach the recieving school and see if they can't work something out. As for LISG being too much, I would strongly urge you to visit the classroom if they are still in session, or at least look around and see what you think. 15K is a lot of money, but might be less than the cost of moving. At least talk to the LISG and see what they think of your daughter...

BTW - it's excellent that the tester has enough experience to be able to guide you to particular districts. Worth it to ask the tester how often she or he have seen a GAI that high. Long Island isn't a normally distributed population, but her GAI may be substantially higher than the kids in LISG and local gifted programs.

Love and More Love
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com