I am new here and just had my 10 year old's IQ tested. She is just finishing 4th grade. The school district we are in has absolutely no gifted services at all. We live in NY (Long Island).

Here are her results:

FSIQ 130
GAI 146 (scaled score of 97)

VCI 142 (scaled score of 51)
similarities 19 raw 39
vocabulary 14 raw 44
comprehension 18 raw 34

PRI 133 (scaled score of 46)
block design 13 raw 46
picture concepts 14 raw 22
matrix reasoning 19 raw 32

WMI 107
digit span 11(backwards exceeded forwards) raw 17
letter number sequencing 12 raw 19

PSI 97
coding 11 raw 47
symbol search 8 raw 19

The psychologist woh did the test said that she is extremely bright and could get into any school or gifted program. He also stated that my daughter is a better learner in a challenging atmosphere as evident from her testing and that his suggestion is to seek this out. I'd say 90% of the public school districts have a gifted program where we live- just not our district. My daughter is bored in school- has received a 100 (or better) on virtually every test she has taken since we moved to this district 2.5 years ago. I asked the school for help, but they are not willing to make any accomodation for her at all. We are seriously thinking of moving.

I'd like everyone's opinion about her testing and/or scores and/or opinions about what we should do now that we know her IQ, i.e. should we move? Shouldn't she have had the extended testing done? Any comments about the huge difference between the higher order scores- VCI and PRI versus the WMI and PSI?

I should also mention that we also have a 2nd grader (with autism and an FSIQ of 111, GAI 115)and a "typical" kindergardener- probably not gifted, definitely not special ed. And lastly, we were honestly less than thrilled with the school district before we had my older daughter's IQ tested.

Thank you!!!!!

Last edited by LICAL3; 06/08/10 07:30 PM. Reason: additional info