i have asked around about cross-districting and although it is done in some cases for special ed, they don't seem to do it for gifted ed. LISG was a thought, but my daughter will be entering 5th grade in Sept. and the psychologist was concerned that the kids are about 2 yrs. ahead there, so she would have to catch-up. She seems to do very well with challenges, but I am afraid if it seems like "too much" it may have a negative effect. AND its $15k/yr! The district we live in wouldn't even give her the IQ test, so the chance of me convincing them to pay for any kind of out of district ed is zero I'm sure.

The psychologist mentioned Northport as a strong consideration for us. We live on the south shore and I was hoping to stay on the south shore. He said Bay Shore has a good gifted and special ed program, but may not be a great fit for my typical child. He said HHH would also be a good choice, although he felt the gifted program had been better in the past.
Ugh!!! What to do?????

The psychologist also mentioned that especially in my daughter's case, her GAI was much more important than her FSIQ because of some scores being more than 1.5 standard deviations apart. He felt that her true IQ was probably closer to her GAI than the FSIQ. Not that it really matters, I suppose, since she scored well "enough".

I have to admit that I am really struggling to make a good (and quick!) decision.

Last edited by LICAL3; 06/08/10 10:00 PM.