Hi Calizephr!
Welcome! Thanks for your frank impression of the program.

May I ask how your daughter did in comparison of the other kids who did SCAT as a talent search that year? Was she within a Standard Deviation of the middle clump or beyond that?

The reason I love LOG (Levels of Giftedness) is because it gives me the backing to avoid programs aimed toward Moderatly Gifted kids (the middle clump) unless they let him attend with kids a year or two older than he is.

We did very very well at SIG (day) when he was amoung the youngest in his grouping, and poorly the year after that. Poorly is an exaggeration, but it was a big dissapointment for him. the individual teachers at SIG had come back year after year and most seemed bood to great, but certianly not all. Another hint is to allow them to take classes in topics they haven't been exposed to, and steer clear of main interests and strengths. Sad, huh?

I do think that you have a right to be furious that they weren't able to be sensitive to your daughter's disability! I would call and write letters even now, and let them know how it went. Many MG kids are 'just right' being 'directed' by parents in their enrichment. Now that my son is in Middle School age (11) he is in full 'duck and cover' with his intellectual needs, and if I were to send him to CTY, he would look pushed, at least until the hoped for magic kicked in.

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com