We just got SCAT scores back last week. SCAT is the test designed by Johns Hopkins as an above grade level test. To qualify for the test you need a nationally normed test with a score (or sub score) in the 95th percentile or above. With this test in hand you can have your child take the SCAT which then looks at his ability against other children who scored in the 95th percentile. The child must qualify on the SCAT to be eligible for CTY programs. The national test is not enough. I think you need to be at least in the 50th percentile or above on the SCAT to qualify. I am not sure about the specific score.

My son took it in 2nd grade by computer and did poorly but because of his autism DX they allowed him to take it this year with paper and pencil in the RSP room of his school under the eye of a teacher he is comfortable with. This made a huge difference and he nailed the test this time around. There are still some courses left open. We will wait until next summer.

Before you can sign up for a course you will have to wait for the SCAT scores to be returned. This may mean this summer is too soon. My younger sister attended CTY as a teen. She has autism as well and enjoyed the program. She still talks fondly of it.