Thanks guys - I am just feeling flustered....I do have the standards already printed out for both 2nd and 3rd and have gone through and he has covered all the 2nd grade and is pretty much covered all of 3rd as well - minus the handwriting - we have the Woodcock Johnson Achievement test scores from last summer that we presented to them at last year's meeting and they ignored them- it showed he was several grade levels ahead in both reading and math. I am bringing some samples of things he has worked on and pictures of activities/projects he has done.

I brought up the IOWA Acceleration Scale last year and asked if we could do that to give them a better idea if acceleration would be a good fit for him and they said they don't do that in this county.

I really want to advocate either a grade skip from 2nd to 3rd or having him be allowed to go up to 3rd for reading/math/science (which in my mind would be the majority of the day anyways so just go ahead and do a skip)...and I want everything/paperwork in place BEFORE the school year. Last year I tried my darndest to get everything discussed/planned out so that we would start the year in the right setting for him but that of course did not work....I really am not wanting to settle for the "let's wait and see" approach that was put in place at the beginning of this year's disaster. I am also not too thrilled if they bring up the idea of allowing his teacher to differentiate his curriculum for him - I believe that he deserves to be in a classroom listening to lessons that are on his level and not stuck in some corner of the room to work on harder worksheets.

I wish my DH could come...he is staying home from work in the morning to watch DS7...I have pondered asking one of my good friends but didn't know what relevence that would bring to the meeting from the staff's viewpoint other than just sheer support for me :-) Thanks guys for making me feel like I can DO THIS!