I've not read any data that a large spread between VCI and PRi indicates an LD. Perhaps the other more seasoned posters can shed some light on that. The large difference though indicates that you should not calculate a Full Scale IQ. I think you need the subtest scores for each of those and see if a specific subtest caused a lower score for that domain. I have read that high VCI kids have algebra as a strength and high PRI kids have Geometry as a strength. It's all relative. 123 for PRI is a great score just looks low compared to the WHOPPING 158 for VCI.

There is a blog, The More CHild, and she had a blog entry some time ago about High VCI kids and what it means for their education. A teacher friend it explained it to me that having someone explain something to me at the level they'd use for a elementary or middle school child. My son had a higher VCI, mid 140s I believe and she said to think of this way. He can handle explanations, directions, text similar to a middle to high school student but he spends his day getting those things at the level of an average 2nd grader ie more simple language, lots of repetition, saying the same thing 3 different ways.

Dazey