Thanks for the advice everybody. I am somewhat of a disadvantage because GD is my granddaughter and I have no direct standing with the school. DD & GD live with us and DD works afternoons and evenings so I take care of GD most of the time during the week. Her mom has been trying to get through to the school all year, with more regularity lately. I try to do as much research as I can, provide DD with books & info (a lot provided by this forum) and make suggestions when I can. I asked DD if she was going to bring up the stopage (again) of the Positive Behavior Plan and she wants to discuss it with the school psychologist (whose there 2 days a week) rather that confronting the teacher directly. Depending on how that conversation goes, I think she should talk to the principal (but she's not been very supportive or helpful). I was hoping that an IEP would carry more weight but I guess you still have to "police them".

Dee Dee - DD and I have talked about getting a private evaluation done but she has not decided yet. I hope we'll at least have a little more information once we get the written report. How much of GD's behaviors/anxieties are just extreme OE's, sensory problems which she has, or the way she's been handled all year at school who knows? We realize that there could still be another diagnosis in the wings besides generalized anxiety but Asperger's seems like a stretch for several reasons. However, either way she definitely still has some of the characteristics which need to be addressed.

It has really been helpful to me to see that others (dx or not) have similar issues. Thanks to this forum I have learned a lot and been able to inform DD about what I have learned from you all about advocating, 2E issues, IEP's and special education rights etc. Without you all, I can't imagine where we would be.