I just had a fight with DS and I'm fuming mad!! Trying to calm down by typing this out and be contructive by asking for help cry.

The problem is, he's very bad at accepting that he can be wrong for math. He's working on Aleks now, Level 4. He whizzed through much of it in the last 4 weeks and is at the last 15% percent. His perenial problem is that when he gets a question wrong ("Drawing an Angle" today), he thinks the computer is wrong. He does press the "explain" button and if he understands, it's great and things continue as per normal. But when he doesn't understand, he asks me for help while at the same time fight me off by being SO DARN RUDE when I try to explain. I have tried these methods at various times and sometimes all at the same time:
a) calm him down, ignore his rudeness/tell him to tone down and praise him when he gets it;
b) start to raise my voice, warn him that I will walk away if he continues, and go on explaining as best I can
c) shut down the computer/close the book (before we started Aleks, it was Ed Zacarro) and walk away.

When I get to c, all hell breaks lose because evidently, he wants to understand but can't stop being rude, and is very upset with me for walking away.

Is there a better way of doing this? I notice we get into this cycle when things are going particularly smoothly for him - he starts to be overconfident and become unwilling to accept that his answer can be wrong.

I try to communicate to him all the time that his attitude and his willingness to try, hang on, and learn are more important than getting correct answers. I really hate these fights but yet again, we've repeated the cycle cry!!