Originally Posted by Katelyn'sM om
DD's imaginative play has always been extreme and most of the kids her age just don't get it, but probably more to do with personalty, she is content to play with her toys and create a world where the toys come to life. Recently we got Toy Story the movie for her and she was obsessed with it.

I promised DD to buy the movie, she has a Toy Story Book and is currently obsessed with it smile I'm happy she is asking about something without princesses... DD has also been very independent since she was a baby. She often has something going on we don't understand. She does like to play with us too especially when she is tired. It did take me while to figure out that not all little kids play hours alone. She is quite high energy so she needs lot of physical play outside to be able to play calmly inside.

Originally Posted by newmom21C
I also wanted to add. We've been really making a point of doing housework in front of DD lately. She's so not the kid that wants to sort/organize/stack but rather she wants to seek and destroy! So we've been make sure to clean in front of her. She helps to some extent. She LOVES the broom and to sweep and she'll clean her dry erase board too. Baby steps, right?

Originally Posted by Grinity
Wonderful advice all.
To add: Flylady.net and the housefairy give lots of coaching on how to introduce childre to the happiness of 'home blessing.'
I didn't know about them, and this forum didn't exist when DS13 was exactly like this, and it never occured to me to do as you have done.

These are nice advices, this is what lot of DDs friends do home. DD also likes to clean.