I picked up the book, Transforming the Difficult Child - Book, over the weekend, I have only read a bit so far.

We went to his appointment on Saturday. I think it went pretty well. Blake was very nervous about going, actually said so. The whole time we were there, Blake was very much preoccupying himself with other tasks besides paying attention to the counselor. The counselor said it was totally understandable. This time, the counselor never met with Blake by himself which I was grateful for, I am not even sure Blake would have done it. He met with my husband, Blake and me and then he met with my husband by himself. Of course, he has not had that much interaction with Blake yet to give a full evaluation but he picked up on a few things.

-Stated Blake was incredibly smart and incredibly stubborn. He said he was a very likable kid but can definitely see tendancies why Blake would be hard to deal with in a classroom setting.

-Saw the reasons why teachers have questioned that Blake has ADHD but would be surprised if he had it. He said it seem more like Blake only wants to deal with stuff he is interested in and if he is not interested, then he ignores it altogether.

-I did ask the counselor if he thought my husband and me were doing anything wrong or if we were causing any of the problems. He said that he did not see any "red flags" and that we seem like good parents. He will help us in figuring out the best way to parent Blake.

He thinks Blake might be gifted but really without testing, I guess you don't know for certain. Is that correct? Or did I misunderstand? He said that he will determine after spending more time with Blake if he thinks it needs to be done. He said that for certain, Blake is a strong-willed child! I already knew that.

I think the whole thing went well and am really glad we went. The counselor was really good with him and it was great that he talked to my husband for so long. I already feel a little bit better. We go back on Saturday.

Love, Christy