Probably out of the list of Aspergers traits the ones that best describe DS are:

- Problems with eye contact - definitely.
- Almost no ability to make small talk, she will be completely silent all the way through a dinner or get together with others. She is a little better with extended family, and does okay (not great) with her small group of friends or immediate family. Not just shy, literally NO IDEA how to make appropriate conversation. DS would appear to be more on the shy side rather than no idea
- Obsessive interest. But not at the expense of all else.

I always come back to his traits being those of an introvert and they most definitely are because as I stated, he is on the extreme end. Even so his social interactions still leave me guessing. It probably had me thinking of it again yesterday when he was playing soccer. Even though he was playing seniors his responses post game really aren't different to when he is playing juniors with his friends. Out on the field he has no issue with organising and directing play but afterwards he hangs around the fringes noy saying a word or engaging anyone. He scored two goals and the men were coming up and congratulating him and patting him on the back and DS barely acknowledges they are there except for maybe a handshake and a slight smirk. Then for me it's............mmmmmmmm I wonder.LOL