Originally Posted by acs
I thought at first that because we got the little letter that my DS could not be 1:1000 or one in 50000 or whatever DYS is tryiing to take. But after reading about testing limitations it is clear to me that a kid can be very rare, what DYS is looking for, but not have the evidence to prove it.

Sorry acs! I'm terrible at keeping track of who's kid is what level. It's just not how I file things in my mind. Afterall - I don't think HG v. PG really matters as much as personality, and 2eishness, and school history when trying to think about an individual kiddo's special educational needs, so I tend to lose track.

Opps!

I'm didn't mean to imply that your kid was any particular level, as that is something you would be the best judge of, but my overall impresssion here is that we have a large chunk of 1 of 500 or 1 or 999 level kids who's parents ARE struggling with the question of 'is my kid 'that' gifted.'

Bottom line: I sure wish that we didn't have to think about this so much, that schools would take responsibility for figuring out how our kids, and would then follow through. For the Grandchildren!

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com