Originally Posted by Mom2Two
I was just told that he was given the test for older kids by accident. I saw the results, but I don't remember them all. I know Block Design was in the 95%. But his ranges varied from 25% to 95% with the majority of categories being in the 75-90%. Other than that, I really just don't remember the information.

How did the tester propose to handle this? Did he/she take your money or bill your insurance? Is there a date set to retest on SBV?

I like that the tester is at least being upfront about
a) he/she made a mistake.
b) he/she might be able to salvage if with the help of a more experienced person (but we know that isn't possible)

Your son still is having a poor fit at school, you have the same problem you started with. What would you do if you were in the tester's shoes? Probably refund the money or offer an immediate free retest.

The problem is going to be that taking the WISC probably means that taking the WIPSSI right now is a bad idea. This isn't a big deal unless the tester isn't certified to administer SBV. It's harder to get certified to take SBV than the WISC family of tests. Then the tester should (in my opinion) give you back your fee and call a friend who does do SBV and get you to the front of the line to have your son tested. This whole thing is hard enough without these kind of mistakes - but we are all human and mistakes happen - the key is what happens next!

Love and More Love,
Grinity

from hoagies
Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scaless, ages 2-85
Individually administered assessment of intelligence and cognitive abilities, for use with children and adults. Administered individually, by licensed professional only. Published by Riverside Publishing Company Stanford-Binet 5th edition (SB-5), ceiling = 160 Gifted scoring supplemental bulletin! Special Composite Scores for the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales, Fifth Edition (requires Adobe Reader)
Read Use of the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales, Fifth Edition in the Assessment of High Abilities (requires Adobe Reader)
Correction to the score tables listed in the bulletin above, in Ruf Estimates of Levels of Giftedness
Gifted and highly gifted students: how do they score on the SB5? (Identification Discrepancies) by Shannon Pratt, from HighBeam Research, (by subscription)

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com