Originally Posted by blob
Grinity, I've never been able to make him trace anything, which is probably why his handwriting is so bad.

I'm totally confused here. By tracing, do you mean placing a blank paper over the printed sheet and drawing what he sees? To my knowledge there is none of that for his age group in HWT. What I love about HWT is that it groups the letters logically, and asks the helper to put smile-faces under the pretty letters. Also, their paper really did help me make prettier letters.

These days, he gets to write a little paragraph or letter, or whatever he wants. But he wants it ever more rarely. Gonna put on my salesman hat and start to hardsell from next week, *gritting my teeth in determination*.

Since his handwriting is holding back his ability to get reasonable acomidation, you have a real natural urge in that direction to take advantage of. I would recommend taking it on as a mutual project, where you mostly act interested for yourself, to prove to yourself is this is as good a program as Grinity says, perhaps bribing him to keep you company for moral support. Plus, it can be very relaxing. Some soothing music, a little candlelight...you get the idea.

Silly Me,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com