I am a single parent and my DD is my only child. When she was born I was completely obsessed with giving her the best of everything and being a perfect parent.

After seven years, I think I have learned to ease off a little bit. If you try to be the perfect parent and always make the perfect decisions you only teach them that THEY need to be perfect (which is obviously an unreasonable standard).

One of the most difficult lessons I have tried to teach my perfectionist daughter is that sometimes GOOD ENOUGH IS BEST.

So we make mistakes, we get up and try another way. Once a decision has been made, whether the results are what we expected or not, we need to learn to let it go and make adjustments as needed.

My point is, don't be so hard on yourself. Our kids are by far some of the most fortunate kids there are. Every parent on this blog is here because they are invested in their kids welfare and are doing everything they can to make sure their kids are happy. Our kids cannot ask for more than our best.