Originally Posted by NanRos
yes, we have obtained an advocate which is how I found out that he should not have been suspended. She will be helping us strengthen his IEP and BIP. you are right about the suspension being meaningless...punishment in general is minimally effective. The suspension provided him with a nice quiet room to read his AR books undisturbed.

Originally Posted by NanRos
Yes, a lot of our DS7's problems stem from boredom. He has to bring his own books to read during times when he finishes his work ahead of time.

When this happened to me a few times -"punished" for being "disruptive", I walked out the school and went home and called my mom. Mom then called the school to tell them I had a Dr's appointment and she needed to pick me up. You can imagine what came next.

After much discussion, the solution was to let me stay in class, take the tests, and then sit by myself, reading. I also got to go to the library the first and last hour of the day.

How is he around other kids on HIS intellectual level? Does he interact with adults well?

Last edited by Austin; 03/03/10 12:04 PM.