He was identified in Kindergarten and then they have to requalify at the end of 1st grade to go on to the 2-12 GT program. I know he was tested and I'll have to find the tests they used and his scores. I may look into getting him tested on my own because I know he's above grade level. Each year they check benchmarks and he always starts out the year with results showing he's where he needs to be by the end of the year. I asked his teacher this year about that and she said they never test beyond the current grade level they are in so that they can show improvement at the end of the year. So he more than likely is beyond his grade level but I don't know how far beyond. Can you point me in the direction of where I would need to go to have him tested?

His explanation of his boredom is either it's material that has already been covered (ex: geometry) or it's just so easy for him. The example he gave me last night was reading a paragraph and looking for the grammar errors and rewriting it correctly. He said the grammar error would be something as simple as i instead of I. I could be wrong, but I would think that would be easy for most 4th graders even taking GT out of the equation.