We've gathered the information and the time has come to advocate. We are opened to all learning environments, homeschool, private and public. Our first choice is to leave him in the public gifted because he has friends there and it's free, but now we're feeling like we have to ask for a lot for that to work. We definately have to ask for math and now we're remembering that while he was VERY vocal about the math, he was also vocal about science. The written language for the class is just right for him, but I think the reading is only average. In having conversations with the teacher in the past, I think the math is going to require something that they aren't equipped or willing to work with and it's going to take some work to get that addressed. I'm wondering if it's worth the energy?? For private, the most appropriate school, has closed registration for the year. Personally, I'd love to pull him and homeschool him, but I'm not sure if that's best for him. He's not a hugely social guy, but friends are friends. I think I'm also looking for support for my perfectionism and wanting a 'perfect fit for him'. I know it's not possible, but I'm really good at it !!!