Originally Posted by Cricket2
Originally Posted by GeniusZooKeeper
...I have had him tested 5 times for other issues. All come out saying he is just very intelligent but NOT ADD or ADHD and even the psychologist cannot find anything beyond his need for knowledge, wrong with him.
I know that you mentioned the CogAT being an average score. What other four or five tests has he taken & what types of scores did he get on those? You mention that they said that he was very intelligent. Are you meaning bright (somewhere well above avg like the 85th percentile)

If the child has taken five ability tests (CogAT, WISC, SB, OLSAT, Raven type of tests) and all of them are consistently around the 50th or 60th percentile though, I might wonder if something else other than giftedness is going on. If there is a lot of inconsistency from test to test and day to day, I would certainly not rule out giftedness. Some kids just don't test well for a variety of reasons.

I am trying to get the KBIT results. The other tests were for ADHD and academic achievement. As far as academics, 2 months into Kindergarten he tested at K-10 on most things and above grade level on others. (PS I DO know how to spell but my laptop seems to be failing to put letters in when I press them)I know the K-Bit tested him at Above Average Range but I am unsure as to the actual number scores until I get the copy of the test. I never thought much about those tests and didn't keep copies because I thought being smart was a good thing. If I had known that this type of situation could arise, I would have kept thm. Honestly, when the psychologist said she would think him gifted if he were older, I never even thought about it. I went about doing what we did. I didn't know gifted was a good (or bad perceptually) thing. I figured, oh wonderful! My child is smart as a whip! It was later that I found out that his father was gifted growing up.

Even now, I asked Damian yesterday how his test was going and he said it was hard to focus. That he was in a room with some pretty cool science toys in it.