Originally Posted by Roni
Take a restaurant lunch experience, for example: he is so small and so very much still a baby that people stop and stare at him wherever we go, as he speaks in full sentences, never forgets a name once he's associated it with a face, and quite obviously understands so much of what is happening around him.

Still, he's just a baby, really, and has baby wants and desires.

This is so true!

Mr W (24 mos) is the same way. He is so cooperative, helping around the house, telling us what he wants, calling people by their name, etc.

Until he gets tired and will not use his words. He just reverts. Then, it is meltdown city!! WAAAAAAH!!! WAAAAH! WAAAH!

And there are funny things, too. Such as at school the other day. They laid out the snack, on a plate in front of him, something he did not like. So he gets up and throws it away and goes and gets a book!!

Originally Posted by amazedmom
Sounds like my DD except for the dinos, dd loves them. I thin this is what they mean by asyncronus development.

Mr W chases me around the house with his dino books. If I won't read them to him for the 10th time, he goes nuts. WAAAAH! WAAAAH! WAAAH!!

Originally Posted by Katelyn'sM om
I will never forget her scaring me to death before she was two, by trying to run in a parking lot.

Mr W took off in Bass Pro Shop last week and just disappeared. He can run really fast and just blends in with the clothes displays. He was stopped at the door by an employee. DW was SOOO upset. This is our biggest fear for him. He is very cautious with most things, but for some reason, he throws his caution to the wind on this.

Last edited by Austin; 02/06/10 08:24 PM.