Thanks Cricket2. It does sounds like a similar situation. Did you have the tests administered by the same psych each time? Maybe in children with disparate abilities it takes longer for their scores to get consistent.

I've got two things going on at this point:

1 - what am I going to do about schools? We figured we had a good chance of getting at least one boy into the charter for next year and the year after that we would get the sibling wink - provided the miniumum score was achieved. Now we have to reevaluate our educational plans.

2 - How far apart are the boys in intellectual ability?

My prior post was a little unclear - my younger son is good to go with the current test scores. I went ahead and sent the out of date report for my older son and I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed. I reviewed the school's admissions requirements and it does not say anywhere that the scores need to be within a year - but I thought I heard it at the open house and the psychologist thought this too. The school is kind of disorganzied - typos on the application, out of date materials on the website....but the kids are smart and the parents are involved and the other alternatives are pretty sorry.

I spoke with the woman who did the earlier evaluations and she remembered the boys and was surprised at the wide variation. She was very accomodating and agreed to send the old scores for me. He is going to be tested next week using the SB V and we will see if those scores align with either of the WISC results.

Ugh. I didn't expect this. Now I'm thinking that if the GAI of 146 is right I should apply for DYS for both, so that in the future we have more weapons in our arsenal when it comes to demonstrating intelligence for gaining admission. Both kids have a talent so maybe that would help with DYS.